Friday 16 November 2007

Blogging about blogs

Hi guys,
I apologise for the lateness of my last blog and just wanted to actually blog about blogs! haha. I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on how useful they have been and what they have got out of them? I feel they are extremely helpful to get other peoples perspective on how to handle difficult patients, supervisors and placements in general. I also find it really helpful when people share the positive stuff about what has worked for them. I do feel however that there are probably too many blogs that we are required to do and often find the quality of my posts dropping a little as I struggle to find things to talk about. All in all I feel the blogs are very helpful and perhaps with a little refinement in future years will be extremely effective in helping students to make the most of their placements!

1 comment:

hollie said...

I agree. I do feel when we first started writing the blogs, they were probably of a better quality. I also found it helpful and interesting to hear about other's people experiences and persepectives on issues, especially communications issues and difficult situations in terms of ethics and acceptable behaviours. I found it difficult to blog about specific case presentations and techniques however, as it doesnt really allow you to explain and expand on ideas that well.